Serving her second term as Arlington County's Commissioner of Revenue, Ingrid Morroy has over twenty years of public and private sector management experience in the areas of public finance, international and domestic banking, small business lending, and human resources. She earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a major in Computer Information Systems from the University of the District of Columbia, and an MBA from Averett University. She has earned her Master designation through the Commissioners of Revenue Association of Virginia and the University of Virginia's Weldon Cooper Center, and is a graduate of Leadership Arlington.
Ingrid’s professional strengths include:
- The ability to work with multiple levels of business and political leadership to develop coherent, long-range strategies and policies.
- Proven personnel management skills, with the ability set goals for her employees, and motivate them to succeed.
- Uncompromising standards for customer service.
- The design, development, and implementation of advanced computer systems.
- Instituting operational internal controls, and the tracking mechanisms to monitor them, to ensure the delivery of high quality products and services.
- Analyzing data, and presenting clear, comprehensive written and oral presentations to diverse audiences.
Ingrid was born in Holland, and raised in Suriname, South America. She comes from a multi-ethnic (Dutch-Indonesian, Surinamese Chinese and Black), multi-cultural background, speaks six languages, and has lived in five countries. Ingrid first moved to Arlington in 1978 and became an American citizen in 1985.
Ingrid’s professional, civic, and political activities include membership in the Commissioners of Revenue Association of Virginia, Leadership Arlington, the American Association of University Women, the League of Women Voters, the Arlington County Democratic Committee, and the Committee of 100.
Ingrid makes her home in South Arlington (Douglas Park) with her husband Jerry Botland, also a native of Suriname. Ingrid can be heard frequently at local music events with her bands The Constituents and Dem Girls.